The Sheraton Kauai Resort, situated on twenty oceanfront acres on Kauai's sunny Southern shoreline along Poipu Beach, is a great resort to consider for your next trip to Kauai. Along with its two signature restaurants, oceanfront pool, poolside bungalows and Ocean Courtyard, you can expect the ultimate vacation experience from the Sheraton brand on the Garden Isle perfect for couples and families alike.
The Sheraton Kauai Resort, situated along Poipu Beach, has undergone a complete transformation of its guestroom accommodations featuring a new modern island inspired decor and color palette. Note that there is also a conversion of some of the rooms/buildings into timeshare units located on the backside of the resort. These new units will be a part of the Vistana Vacation Club (Sheraton and Westin).
During our recent trip to Kauai, we were able to take a look at this renovation and check out everything the resort has to offer.
One thing of note and unique to this property is that is located right on the ocean and its ocean-wing accommodations are as close as you can get to any resort in Kauai. Since this resort was the original resort in Kauai, it was built before property building codes were updated to have a larger offset from the ocean. So if you're looking for a room as close to the ocean as you can get in Kauai, then the Sheraton Kauai Resort would be your best option.
As you walk in to the resort, you'll be greeted by an agent at the front desk in the lobby area.
Resort amenities include:
- Two resort pools, including the newly renovated Ocean Pool with an expanded deck and 8 premium bungalows available for a fee
- The courtyard includes three inviting fire pits, each surrounded by a seating area
- Beach Access and a beach where you can swim in the ocean
- Two bottles of water in each guest room, replenished daily
- Daily Self Parking or Valet parking for night of arrival (additional nights $10 per vehicle)
- High-speed wireless Internet service in guest room
- Children 10 and under eat free from children’s menu at select restaurants with paying adult (limit one child per paying adult)
- Cultural Arts, Crafts and Activities.
- Seasonal Movie Under The Stars and Resort Activities including Zumba Classes, yoga, Zumba, and introductory water sports lessons.
- Resort-operated courtesy vehicle providing service to select Poipu locations
There are two restaurants located onsite and include the popular RumFire Poipu Beach, Lava's on Poipu Beach and a grab and go cafe, the Link@Sheraton.
- RumFire Poipu Beach offers magnificent beachfront seating and is open for dinner only.
Be sure to request Table 53 at RumFire, as all proceeds from this oceanfront booth table go to local charities. More than $200,000 has been raised since 2012.
Lava's on Poipu Beach is located next to the pool area and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Link@Sheraton Cafe offers coffee, on-the-go snacks and light fare like salads and pizzas.
The resort features 391 air-conditioned rooms, including 9 suites, many with connecting capabilities. Ocean Wing rooms share an entry hall, which is ideal for families and friends traveling together. Since there is a conversion currently going on with a few buildings into the Sheraton Vacation Club, the number of hotel rooms will be reduced down to around 200 in the near future.
All rooms feature a private lanai and the Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience, along with other standard amenities you'd expect from the Sheraton brand.
Deluxe Oceanfront Suite
The newly refreshed Deluxe Oceanfront suites provides awe-inspiring views as well as ample space for your family with a spacious living room, sleeper sofa, dining table, separate bedroom, wet bar area and a lanai. The modern furnishings featured in the room are complemented by an island inspired color scheme and a stylish bathroom with upscale fixtures and amenities.
Deluxe Oceanfront Room
The Deluxe Oceanfront rooms offer one king bed or two queen beds with similar modern furnishings and is complemented by an island inspired color scheme.
Deluxe Garden View Room
The Deluxe Garden View Room also offers one king bed or two queen beds with similar modern furnishings and is complemented by an island inspired color scheme as well.
Garden View Room
The Garden View Rooms are located across the street in the buildings that will be undergoing renovations and conversion into the Sheratan Vacation Club Program in the coming years.
Overall, the Sheraton Kauai Resort offers a great location in sunny Poipu along Poipu Beach. The recent renovations of the guestrooms, in addition to the amenities offered here would make for a great vacation on Kauai.