The Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa, located on legendary Black Rock, is Maui's original and first resort built on Kaanapali Beach, claiming the best stretch of ocean and beach perfect for snorkeling and family activities.
The Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa is located on the northwest side of Maui along Kaanapali Beach, with waters known for excellent snorkeling. The resort sits on the widest stretch of Kaanapali Beach and is rated one of the best beaches and vacation spots in the United States.
The resort is situated on 23 oceanfront acres and features 508 guestrooms, including 44 suites, with private lanai's and panoramic ocean views. The resort area map is shown below.
The main lobby area is an open air space and includes a few dining choices here, along with a concierge desk.
Resort Amenities include:
- 142-yard oceanfront swimming lagoon with lava-rock waterways, heated outdoor spa, children’s pool and private poolside gazebos
- Two restaurants, two poolside beachfront bars, Na Hoku Sheraton lounge, lobby coffee cart, and in-room dining
- Legendary torch lighting and cliff diving ceremony nightly at sunset with complimentary entertainment
|Photo courtesy of Sheraton Maui|
- Two 18-hole championship golf courses within walking distance, three night-lit tennis courts, fitness center and premier snorkeling at Black Rock
- Full-service activities/concierge desk and poolside concierge
- Sheraton Adventure Club with daily cultural activities and water sports
- The Starwood Maui Aloha Experience with dining sign-back privileges and shuttle service
- The Spa at Black Rock featuring full spa and salon services
- Maui Nui Luau located onsite at the Sheraton Maui Resort
Note that there is also a Daily Resort Charge which includes the following amenities:
- Self-parking for one vehicle and valet parking for first night
- Unlimited wireless high-speed Internet access in room, lobby, pool bars and Hoku Rotunda
- Unlimited local on-island telephone calls Up to 60 minutes of 1-800 and credit card access telephone calls
- Starwood Maui Aloha Experience featuring a scheduled shuttle service to Lahaina and within Kaanapali Resort
- Resort and cultural activities
- Adult pool floats
The resort features 508 rooms and suites, with 83% of room with ocean views, including one Presidential Ali’i Suite, 13 Luxury Suites, 20 Ohana (Family) Suites, and 10 Junior Suites. All guest rooms have furnished balconies, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, air conditioning, flat screen color cable TV with in-room movies, interactive games and video check-out, in-room safe, coffee
maker, and refrigerator.
The Sheraton Maui is currently undergoing a $26.5 million dollar renovation that will transform its guest rooms and suites. The design includes modernizing the living and bathroom spaces with new furnishings, textiles, decor and artwork, with colors and textures inspired by Maui, Lanai and Molokai.
During my visit here, I toured a few different room categories and was given a preview of the renovation currently underway at the resort, slated for completion by Summer 2018.
The Resort View Guestroom also offers 1 King or 2 Queens, sleep up to four guests and has views of the tennis courts and other resort views. The new look introduces a contemporary look and feel and and a more modern space.
Ocean View Guestrooms feature either 1 King or 2 Queens and sleep up to 4 guests. The current decor of the room features heavy wood accents and a more traditional design. The new room refresh will help modernize the room and add pops of color. The ocean views from the room are spectacular and can be enjoyed from the lanai.
The Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa offers spectacular ocean views, great amenities and activities, dining choices and is a perfect spot for a family vacation.