Disney's Paradise Pier hotel, located at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, is themed to a beachside boardwalk of the 1920's. The old-fashioned, yet modern hotel, is the furthest away from the Disneyland main gate and is considered to be the value hotel of the three Disney hotels onsite, with room rates typically the cheapest here throughout the year.
The California beachfront boardwalks theme at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel takes you back in time at this old-fashioned yet modern hotel and offers a variety of dining and shopping.
With new enhanced security restrictions in place at Disneyland, the convenience of being able to walk through Disney's Grand California hotel is gone, so one of the main benefits of staying here is no longer available. With that being said, Paradise Pier is still only a 5 minute walk from Downtown Disney shopping and a 10-15 minute walk from the front gate of Disneyland. You still get all of the great Disney perks by staying onsite and get to experience the Disney magic here.
Hotel Amenities include beach themed rooms and suites feature beach-themed decor, free Wi-Fi and satellite TV, with many rooms having great California Adventure park views. Upgraded rooms include access to a lounge with free breakfast, drinks and snacks. Other great Disney perks include early park entry and Disney characters at breakfast. Dining Options include Disney's PCH grill, the Surfside Lounge, and The Sand Bar. There is also a gift shop, 'Mickey in Paradise', on the lobby level.
Other amenities include a rooftop pool, an arcade, a movie room, a spa and a gym. Parking is available as self-parking or valet. The parking garage directly behind the hotel makes it easy to self-park and take your luggage up to your room from the back entrance.
Note that the elevator system is different from other hotels you've been to and will lead to confusion for most guests. Instead of just pressing a button and waiting for the next elevator, you select your floor and the system will tell you what elevator to take, either elevator A, B, C or D. While this sounds like it is better and more convenient; it often leads to more confusion, long lines at the elevator on the lobby floor and guest dissatisfaction, especially during peak times.
What Makes the Paradise Pier Resort Hotel Unique?
If you need any more reason to stay at Paradise Pier for your next trip to Disneyland, here are my top five reasons to consider staying here:
- Beach and Seaside Inspired Accommodations
- Perfect size rooms/suites for families, featuring a boardwalk beach feel in each room and Disney themes and decor throughout, which makes a great start to your Disneyland trip
- Character Dining at Disney's PCH Grill located on the lobby level
- Meet Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Stitch and others at 'Surf's Up - Breakfast with Mickey and Friends' and save valuable time inside the parks for rides and other attractions.
- Kid-Friendly Amenities
- Rooftop Pools with Waterslide
- Kids Arcade
- Value for the Price
- Staying at Paradise Pier will be slightly cheaper than staying at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian and you'll still get all of the Disney perks by staying on-site.
- While the walk to Disneyland will a bit longer, you'll already be through security once entering Downtown Disney and it'll sure beat walking along Harbor Blvd to the parks (or taking a shuttle), where most other off-site hotels/motels are located.
- Extra Magic Hour
- You'll get access to early park hours available (one hour before normal opening) on select days at either Disneyland or California Adventure
Review: Disneyland Hotel <Coming Soon>